Awakening the Soul

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Where is the humanity in you?
*
Look at your dying hands.
Written the marks of executioner.
Stationed at the frontline.
Born to kill.
*
Look at your bludgeoned victim.
Tainted with marks of slaughter.
Shrouded in red;
Buried in white.
*
Look at your orphaned child.
Contaminated with a vision of hatred.
Disrupted and disturbed,
Innocence broken.
*
Look at your widow in love.
Replacement becomes futile.
Praying it is a nightmare.
Awakening to uncover emptiness.
*
Look at your people.
In total disarray.
Perplexed, thrown into darkness
Befriending nothing but their own shadows.
*
tempest
*
Remembering my people killed in Iraq on a daily basis for no other reason than just trying to live.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salaam Dear Sister Tempest:

    Many are killed thus in the world every day. Most are innocents who go directly to Allah. The misery in Iraq, especially in Baghdad, is a horror, like Beirut in the 80's or Kosovo in the 90's. Eventually, inshallah, this too shall pass. Then perhaps peace will bring forgiveness.

    The lesson of the Amish in forgiveness still reverberates within me.
    My heart went out to the Amish community of Lancaster, Pennsylvania over the terrible deaths of the five young girls, killed by a sad and very troubled man. And when I heard of the Amish reaction to the killings, I wept.

    A grandfather told a group of young people that "we should not think evil of the troubled man." Then a younger man on a news program was asked if he forgave the man. He said, "Yes, we have to show him forgiveness, the way we want Jesus to forgive us."

    I wanted to embrace them all and cry with them. Then, most astounding of all, when a fund was set up for the families of the murdered girls, the Amish community also set up a fund for family of the killer. The families of all the victims.

    Never have I witnessed such love and compassion amid the anguish and pain. As an unworthy darvish, I ask myself if I would have acted with such forgiveness, and tears well in my eyes because I know the answer. May God bless and take into his keeping the souls of the five girls. And may He show love, compassion and mercy on the troubled man who killed them, and on all victims all over the world. Amin.

    "Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels...and though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and have all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing."
    - 1 Corinthians

    In some Bibles, the word love is replaced with charity, but they are all One.

    Ya Haqq!

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Sadiq said…

    Much love and light to your way!!

    May you be blessed my old friend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home