Awakening the Soul

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Mainstay - Take away

Rid me of the notion that I ever had any rights
Cleanse me of the motives that come in such a clever disguise
Ruin my agenda, holy as it never was

It's all from Your hand
and there's nothing that's mine
and all that You give
You're free to take away

I'm just trying to hold on, clinging to the dream inside
I was only selfish, and you were only part of my life

Every breath, every word
There isn't one thing I deserve
And all that I am is Yours

It's all from Your hand
and there's nothing that's mine
and all that You give
You're free to take away



So so beautiful...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:50 am, Blogger enemy said…

    "....i am
    what You want me to be..."

    Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Like the part "You're free to take away".
    Most of the time we forget its not ours in the first place...beautiful indeed.

     
  • At 8:07 am, Blogger Krishna. N. C. said…

    Dear Tempest,
    Salaam and Warm greetings to you! What a wonderful blog, i really loved it! Your writings are so full of His Love and Beauty:-) i am so happy to meet you my spiritual friend:)
    May The Almighty always smile on you and shower His choicest blessings .Will sure keep visiting you very often.
    Love, hugs and prayers:-)

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Blogger Tempest said…

    Its those simple words,those sentences that leave powerful impression, they can rock you to the core and make you weep uncontrollably, its absolutely amazing.

    Thank you both for your warm and sweet thoughts

     
  • At 2:01 pm, Blogger shree said…

    You're free to take away...........yes so true ...everything is His....He is Rabbil Alamin....God of multiverse

    love and peace .i love your blog..

     
  • At 4:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a blessed reminder and a beautiful poem, poignant and yet tender in the remembrance of His mercy and love. Alhamdulillah! He never takes away anything we really need, except our illusions.

    May love an blessings to you, dear Sister :)

    Ya Haqq!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home