Awakening the Soul

Thursday, December 08, 2005

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم



I live only to do Thy will,
My lips move only in praise of Thee
O Lord, whoever becometh aware of Thee
Casteth out all else other than Thee.
O Lord, give me a heart
That I may pour it out in Thanksgiving
Give me life
That I may spend it
In working for the salvation of the world.
O Lord, give me understanding
That I stray not from the path
Give me light
To avoid pitfalls.
O Lord, give me eyes
Which see nothing but Thy glory.
Give me a mind
That finds delight in Thy service.
Give me a soul
Drunk in the wine of Thy wisdom.


Khwajah 'Abdallah Ansari

3 Comments:

  • At 10:50 am, Blogger Sadiq said…

    beautiful

     
  • At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    +1!

     
  • At 5:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful

     

Post a Comment

<< Home